We’re Hiring a Local Administrator!
We want to hire a responsible Administrator for Equal Rights Institute. This position will be full-time.
The purpose of this role is to free the Executive Director, Josh Brahm, up to do the things which only he can do, for example managing the staff, ensuring the organization’s goals are being met, publishing videos, etc. Ultimately a successful Administrator should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
Here is a description of the job and its requirements.
The Administrator will be responsible for:
- Processing Donations: This includes data entry, database maintenance, and emailing donation updates to the staff. It also includes working with ERI’s Treasurer to produce any financial reports he needs.
- Payroll: You’ll input the monthly payroll as well as collect W4, I9, and state forms for new employees.
- Handling of Basic Automated Email Campaigns: This would include importing new contacts into our email service, setting up email blasts based on pre-written messages from staff or published blog posts and videos.
- Basic Social Media: The Administrator schedules social media posts about new content, evergreen content, announcements, etc.
- Reimbursement/Expense Reports: Handle receipt processing for local staff, under the direction of the Executive Director. This includes inputting all of the monthly receipts from our business credit cards into our online software once a month.
- Errands: Running errands would be schedule permitting. Shipping packages, etc. Your mileage would be reimbursed at the current standard mileage rate.
- Other Communication: Write and send thank you notes, make or return phone calls on Josh’s behalf, etc.
- Travel Arrangements: Work with the Executive Director and the Director of Education & Outreach to know when travel arrangements need to be booked, arrange other things like hotels and rental cars, as well as contract execution.
- Mailings: Complete various mailings, such as the end-of-year tax letters and Josh’s Christmas cards.
In addition, the Administrative Assistant may be asked to perform various duties not listed here under the direction of the Executive Director. The Administrative Assistant will need to be able to work well with our staff.
Candidates for the Administrative Assistant should:
- Be a self-starter, taking initiative, anticipating needs, and getting stuff done.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, not complaining or making excuses.
- Possess excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, and overall communication skills (both oral and written).
- Be highly organized, analytical, and detail-oriented.
- Have problem-solving skills and be great at time-management.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude.
- Maintain grace and poise under pressure.
- Be discreet with regard to confidential information.
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, without becoming frustrated or irritable.
- Be proficient with a computer, especially with Microsoft Excel, and able to quickly learn the basics of online tools like WordPress and Expensify.
- Experience with basic bookkeeping tasks is a big plus.
- Have a dependable car and be willing to use it for running errands.
If this sounds like you, please email your resume to me at Josh@EqualRightsInstitute.com, along with your answers to the following seven questions in the body of the email. Please answer each question in one hundred words or less.
- Where do you live?
- Do you meet all the qualifications I have listed?
- Do any of the duties I have described give you pause?
- Why are you the ideal candidate?
- How would you describe your views on abortion?
- Why do you want this job?
- Can you provide three references from former employers if requested to do so?
Thanks for considering this position. We look forward to hearing from you.